**Answer my poll in the sidebar, please!**
So, seeing as I have over 100 000 views, I have decided, hey, why not help my fellow bloggers by getting them to 100 000 views too?! It may take a long time (like it did for me. Over a year, bros.), but you will get there.
So, some tips on how to make your blog more popular that I think helped me:
1. Post length.
This is so important. Post length is, like. Oh my goodness. You have no idea how important it is. I have to admit, sometimes, I go on peoples' blogs and just skim through posts that I think are too long and therefore don't feel like reading. I'm not even going to bother lying. I don't like long posts. If yours are always long, you can be Robert Pattinson and you can know for sure that I skip a lot of your post.
So, just make medium length posts. Not too short and not too long. Only 1 in 10 people have the time and will to read a post that will take them 20 minutes. Don't count this post, because of course it'll be long seeing as it's a Tip post.
You have to comment on other peoples' blogs. This is SO important. If you comment on theirs, there is a very good chance that they will comment on yours.
3. Be yourself!
If you're a comedic writer, write funny! If you're a poetic writer, write poetry! Don't try to copy someone else's style of writing because it's obvious. The writing just seems awkward.
4. Market yourself!
You have to do this. Make a Twitter for your blog. A Facebook. Tell friends, casually of course. Join blogging communities in your niche. Meet other bloggers. Get yourself out there! A great way to do this is to go on Blogger help and join the forums. Just comment on the forums of others that have to do with sharing your blog. Trust me, you will gain followers from that. I did! At some point, I was gaining nearly ten followers a day. Which was awesome and no longer happens. ;(
5. Show some effort.
Don't just use one of Blogger's backgrounds and leave it at that. Go on websites and choose a background. Work on customizing your background and your layout. Make your blog look different. You don't even have to pay. I paid NOTHING for my blog and it doesn't look like I just used what Blogger gave me. Even if you don't want to tinker with the HTMLs, just add some color, spruce it up! Go to my tutorials page for some help on how to make your blog look more YOU.
Here are two websites I use often for backgrounds:
6. Make a blog email.
Make an email for your blog. Unless you don't mind being contacted on your personal email. But, your readers should be able to contact you.
7. Communicate with your readers.
Have giveaways(I wish I could have some. But, my parents would never let me. -.-'), create polls, ask your readers questions, etc. Make your readers feel like they're included with stuff. Oh! And guest post on blogs and allow bloggers to guest post on your blog. :)
8. Submit your blog to search engines.
Look up others you're interested in. :)
9. Respond to comments on your blog. When people comment on your blog, answer them! If you're getting like 30 comments each post, just do one general response and then a few specific responses to the people who said specific stuff.
10. Change up your layout once in a while.
11. Have something special for your blog. Make readers remember about your blog because there's something special it has that people are interested in. For example, my No Way! Facts of the week.
12. Have a readable font for the page text! For writing that isn't that important like your sidebar title font, then fine. Only if you must have a random font that people can't really read, IF YOU MUST. Like if the font is so gorgeous you just HAVE to have it on your blog. But, if you don't have to, please choose a legible font!
I can't think of anything else right now. But, these are some of the stuff I did that made my blog get to where it is now. :)
Thank you readers! <3 Without you guys, this blog would be nothing.
DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.