DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

NO WAY fact of the week!

Frogs swallow food using their eyes!
"Frogs don't have the necessary muscles to chew their food. Instead, frogs can actually use their eyes to force their food down their throats. This is why it looks like a frog is blinking when it is eating. It's because its eyes are actually sinking down inside of its skull to push down on the food. 

A frog's hearing also comes from near its eyes. A frog doesn't have separate external ears. Instead, it has an eardrum, called the tympanum, that is located just behind each eye. Frogs have really unusual anatomies. Click
here to read more about them."



post signature

5 run-on sentences.:

PurpleMist. said...

WHAAAAAAAAT.
I never would have guessed that O.O

Hazel said...

That's so gross yet strangely fascinating too... lol!

Mark said...

Okay well that's pretty freaky.

It'sJodie-Ann,Bro. said...

@PurpleMist.: Lol, me neither!
@Hazel: Lol!
@Mark: Seriously!

ishashime said...

how strange. this post reminded me of all those frogs i dissected in biology. :((((

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...