DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

"We will not cry over spilled milk-we will merely clean it up."

So, at about one o'clock this morning, I finished reading An Impossible Attraction by Brenda Joyce.
Now, there was just one problem with this book:
I COULD NOT STOP READING IT.
Actually, at some points, I would stare at the book with terror because I knew that if I started reading, I wouldn't be able to stop.
It's pretty sad, actually. That book robbed me of my willpower! And I guess this isn't a bad thing, but still.
I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK.
Okay, so the sex scenes were not very descriptive, but the story itself totally makes up for it.
Alexandra Bolton has given up on everything in life to help her two sisters and father after her mother dies. But then, she meets Stephen Mowbray, the Duke of Clarewood who is absolutely GORGEOUS(I'd pour whipped cream on him and lick it off. :3 TMI?).
Anyways, they're clearly perfect for each other but The Duke acts like a jerk a bit too often and totally screws over his relationship with Alexandra. That was The Black Moment.
I swear, at The Black Moment, I was terrified because I knew that they HAD TO BE TOGETHER. But the stupid Duke was so full of himself even though he knew he loved Alexandra.
Anyways,
WHAT I LIKED:
-The romance was HOT HOT HOT.
-The friendly banter between the Duke and his family. It put me to ease. It was fun reading them talk to each other. Really, it was.
-Great characterization.
-Did I mention the romance was so hot that if it was an object, I would burst into flames touching it? Yeah, I thought I said that. :)
-Great description of the characters' looks. Holy cow, the Duke... I could just... OH MY GOD!

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE:
-Nothing.

I give this book ***** out of five stars. PERFECT book. I say that Miss Brenda Joyce and Miss Nicole Jordan(author of To Bed A Beauty) are authors to watch.
*goes to library website to look up more books by them*
post signature
PS: Title is a quote from the novel said by Alexandra :)

10 run-on sentences.:

iZaynab said...

You & your romance/sex scenes ~
But I'm looking it up right now ; D iWould help you lick off that cream.

Jodie-AnnDuhBawwss. said...

ROFLLLLL!!

Delilah said...

I am so jealous! Its been ages since I had the time to sit down and read a book.Waaah.
Nice review.

Delilah said...

And I love your new header! BAWWSS =D

meandmythinkingcap said...

Advanced version of M&B? Sorry, juz kidding sounds like a good movie.

Jodie-AnnDuhBawwss. said...

LOL :D Thanks! And LOL CHYYEEAHHHH!

Jodie-AnnDuhBawwss. said...

LOL! XD
And yeah, it's a book :P

TheBlogWriter8 said...

I like your reviews. It's fun to catch up!

ishashime said...

lol at the whipped cream part. xD

Jodie-AnnDuhBawwss. said...

@TBW: =D Yay! I'm happy you like them! And I agree, it is fun :)
@ishashime: XD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...