DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

NO WAY! fact of the week :]

Quebec attempted to secede from Canada in 1995, but the vote fell short by less than 1%.
[via]
Yeah, I admit I chose this one because it's about where I live. Basically, in 1995, there was a referendum for Quebec to split from Canada and become it's own country. But, they only needed a bit more votes to be separated. Thank God they missed those votes!! :O I am proud to be a Canadian. If I was only a Quebecois, I know my parents would leave Quebec. Actually, MANY people would leave. I know ninety-eight percent of the English people living in Quebec would leave. The French would stay because most of them want to be separated. To protect their French heritage and whatever.
post signature

9 run-on sentences.:

TheBlogWriter8 said...

That is a very cool fact! Wow. 1% is close!

Jodie-AnnDuhBawwss. said...

Indeed!! :D

mayen said...

aww close fight. I love your No way! fact of the week. It makes me smart. haha..

Furree Katt said...

1% :O
it makes you seriously consider that your life would probably quite different if the separation had taken place :O

Delilah said...

no way fact indeed!
1%!

Jodie-AnnDuhBawwss. said...

@mayen: Haha :D
@Furree Katt: I know right?! :O
@Delilah: :D

iZaynab said...

Never knew that, interesting ; O
Nice. Can't wait till the next fact then ~ ! !
xoxo

Lea-Marie said...

actually, most french people in quebec would leave as well. the poll was a double negative so most people didnt know what they were voting for...

Jodie-AnnDuhBawwss. said...

@iZaynab: :D
@Léa: Ah yeah, forgot about that xD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...