DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Should we encourage Santa Clause?

BUSTED!

I haven't put up debates in a while(I only started yesterday after months of no debates), so I wanted to find a good one to debate on.
Santa Clause. Should we really allow children to believe in him? We all know that he does not exist. So then why are we lying to our children and telling them that he does? What's the point?
Pros:
-Kids have something to grasp on to. The idea of magic intrigues them for some odd reason.
-Parents can blame everything on Santa if they forget to buy a gift.
-The father gets to dress up as Santa.
-The parents get to eat cookies.
-The kids will be able to fit in at school with their fellow 'Santa is a God' friends.
-Can't think of any more.

Cons:
-The kids will believe in something THAT ISN'T REAL.
-They will seem silly to other kids who know the truth. This can lead to getting pimp slapped and getting their heads shoved into toilets.
-Did I mention that they'll be BELIEVING IN SOMETHING THAT IS NOT REAL?!
-If the kids catch the parents in the act, they will be horrified. Their lives. Will. Be. RUINED. (okay not really ruined, but whatever)
-...I can't think of any more.

So, what do you guys think?? :D Have you got any pros and cons?
If you think that Santa Clause should be encouraged, to what age? And if you think he shouldn't be encouraged at all, why?

7 run-on sentences.:

Teresauras said...

I think this Santa fellow made it fun to be a kid at Christmas. If we told the truth about the tooth fairy, the easter bunny, the bird that drops off babies (even partial, PG truth) where would imagination be? These stories are actually beneficial.

Teresauras said...

I don't know anyone who was scarred to find out Santa isn't real.

Jodie-Ann said...

Yeah, you have a point :D And some kids get really upset about it.

haze said...

oh i agree with Teresauras. but i think that is the first lie parents tell their children.

i used to believe that Santa is real. and even sometimes, i still think he is :) haha!

Jodie-Ann said...

Haha!

The Blog Writer said...

Hey! I still fall for the Santa story. Miracles brighten our lives, don't they? :)

Ashley said...

Once when I was little I was convinced I saw Santa flying across the sky in his sleigh.. it was probably a plane or something.

I don't much see the point in allowing children to believe in Santa though. I don't see what's wrong with just wrapping presents and saying they're from you, rather that some fat old pasty beared man who is dragged across the sky from house to house by 7 reindeer, has a mystical mary poppins-esque bag, and shoves himself down your chimney late at night(apparently can't use the door) to leave you "gifts", knows when you're sleeping, awake, good, bad.. a bit of a creepy and strange idea if you ask me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...