DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Tumblr or Blogger?

These two platforms, are the most talked about ones. Well, where I live, those are the only two platforms that I hear people talk about. So, which one is better? Tumblr or Blogger?
Personally, I think that Blogger is better. It is easier to use, you can do so much with HTML... it's just so customizable. I'm not sure about Tumblr. I made one in June and never went on it again. I hate the way that words look on a Tumblr blog. They just look out of place. Know why? KNOW WHY?!
Because Tumblr is for pictures. Not really for words. So, if you want to blog with, like, lots of words like this post, Tumblr is not for you. BUT, BUT BUT BUT, if you want to blog with only pictures that apparently speak for you, then Tumblr is your guy/girl. :) Or, your platform. Whatever.
Also, Tumblr is so complicated! I don't know about anyone else, but operating a Tumblr blog for me was as hard as a witch having to create her own spells that WORK. It's just so so so sooo confusing. I couldn't understand how anything worked.
But, Tumblr is great for inspiration. :)
So, what do you guys think? Do you like Blogger or Tumblr better?? :D
{via}

30 run-on sentences.:

Furree Katt said...

Blogger all the way! i made a Tumblr last year and never went back on it haha, it was too confusing for me. i think it's awesome for pictures and stuff, but for people like you and me who like to express ourselves with words, Blogger is the place to be! :D

Jodie-Ann said...

Oh yeah!! *high fives* :D

Jasmineeeeeeeee_xD said...

tumblr is more entertaining, im gonna reattempt making one, that i obsess over hot celebs on! :D

Jodie-Ann said...

Lol, alright then, you do that. I find Blogger more entertaining. XD Tumblr is all pictures and very little words. So, yeah... I get bored easily. XD

Jasmineeeeeeeee_xD said...

twitter said you posted the bitchkin impression vid on here... is no here!

Jodie-Ann said...

I did, but then I had to delete it because THE STUPID THING IS UNAVAILABLE!! D; to other people. I guess you have to be friends with Léa or something. I'd have to upload it to Youtube. >_>

Jasmineeeeeeeee_xD said...

I can add friend her on blogger then :)
(you should put it on youtube though...)

Jodie-Ann said...

It would take so long!! D:

Jasmineeeeeeeee_xD said...

upload it in one window and do something else in another then! :D
can ya email it?

Jodie-Ann said...

Lol, I don't think I can email it...

Jasmineeeeeeeee_xD said...

-_-

Jodie-Ann said...

I don't know how to get the video on Youtube... o.O Do you?

Jasmineeeeeeeee_xD said...

ask her to send the file and then upload it, or... facebook video it first for now!

Jodie-Ann said...

I can't put the video up here because it's unavailable to viewers...

Jasmineeeeeeeee_xD said...

what does that have to do with what i wrote wrote...?

Jodie-Ann said...

lol you said to fb video it for now.

Jasmineeeeeeeee_xD said...

you said put it up here... i meant put it on fb to be viewed by your friends and when it uploads put it on here... silly jodie

Jodie-Ann said...

it is on fb!!

Jasmineeeeeeeee_xD said...

oh........... uh............
DISTRACTION: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdrUotBtYS8&feature=related

angela said...

Couldn't agree more, Jodie. I signed up to Tumblr just to see what it was like, and it was THEE HARDEST THING EVER to use. How these 11 and 12 year old girls use it, idk but it makes me feel stupid using it. Plus it lagged so much, like five times the amount facebook lags. LOL

Tumblr is indeed more for pictures, it's great to find funny gif's on and stuff, but any regular blogging just looks wrong and out of place. It's so NARROW. And don't you have to buy any of the at-all-nice templates? It's stupid.

I deleted mine within like 15 minutes. Ugh.

Blogger all the way!

And I've seen that BEP parody, it was actually quite funny, and usually I hate stuff like that. Lol

ishashime said...

most of my friends use tumblr so i decided to make one a while back, but i just couldn't figure out how to use it. seriously. so i'm with you on that one. haha.
also, i've rarely seen people post long entries on their tumblr profiles. mostly it's reblogged pictures. i deleted my account after an hour of trying and trying to make it work. haha.

therefore, i think that blogger is definitely better. :D

Jodie-Ann said...

@Jazzy: Lol fail XD
@angela: Haha YES! You have to buy the nice ones. And the words look so WRONNNGGG on a Tumblr page. Ugh. And it's just reblogged pictures. Just stuff people saw on someone else's blog and blogged about it themselves. o.O
@ishashime: Yeah, it's so hard!! Blogger is THE BEST! :D

Jasmineeeeeeeee_xD said...

That video gives me eargasms...

Jodie-Ann said...

XD I thought it was horrible. XD But, I blogged about Mr. P go look!! :D The video makes me LOL all the time. XD

Jasmineeeeeeeee_xD said...

YOU'RE horrible!
That's one of my two future husbands you're insulting! >:O

I don't want to, it's stiupid.

Jodie-Ann said...

Lol how?! He sounds so bad in the video D: And xD I took off the video anyway.

Jasmineeeeeeeee_xD said...

No, no he doesn't. (it pwns the actual song)
You're just being controlled by emo justin bieber and his terrible singing!

Flippy Doodle said...

Definitely Blogger. It is so much more customisable. In Tumblr you can't move things about, or edit the template code.

It also goes down a lot. And yeh, like you said, it is not good for text. Even for images, whenever you try to upload a large image, the server goes down on you! ERGH!

Plus, most of the content on Tumblr blogs is not original. It's all reblogs, which gets really boring.

The only good thing about Tumblr is that people design some really awesome templates for it.

I made a Tumblr a few months back. Deleted it in a few weeks time, because it was terrible to use.

Jodie-AnnDuhBawwss. said...

You make excellent points! :) I agree :D

Chika said...

Although I'm like months late I'd definitely say 'Blogger'. I feel 'Tumblr' is a more 'on-the-run' kind of thing; like if you just want to share photos or 'comments'. But I feel blogger is more up close and personal, if you know what I mean? - Like it helps the audience get to know the blogger a bit better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...