DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Imagine having someone you love die. Then, imagine being called the murderer.

I finished reading The Pact by Jodi Picoult and here is my review-thingie:
I thought it was a very good book. It is about a guy named Chris and a girl named Emily who are in love. They've been best friends since they've been born. Their mothers were best friends while they were pregnant with the two and would hang out with each other and stuff. So, both the families were very close. When Chris and Emily started dating, everyone expected it.
But, they didn't expect Emily to die. And they DEFINITELY didn't expect it to be a murder, with Chris being framed as the murderer.
So, did Chris really kill Emily? Or was it a double suicide gone wrong? You'll have to read to find out ;)

What I liked:
-Very romantic. :) I thought that Emily and Chris' story was SO sweet. Chris is suck a cutie. And he swims! Swimming is cool XD
-The suspense was so thick that you couldn't even cut it with a butter knife. SO! MUCH! SUSPENSE! At one point, I was reading and had to close the book whispering, "I can't read! I can't read!" It was a fail.
-The characters were very well characterized. Even the ones who weren't very important.
-A bit of humor at some places.

What I didn't like:
-The book is REALLY long. And it just seemed to stretch out forever and ever.

All in all, it was a great book. READ IT!

PS: Happy easter to all who celebrate!! :D

9 run-on sentences.:

haze said...

ohh... i love suspense novels :)

The Ginge said...

Oh my goodness!
That book was so good! So sad and it had quite a few plot twists,
Though the ending was fairly predictable and I found the court stuff pretty boring.
Either way it was an awesome book, Jodi Picoult is a GREAT author! :)

Jodie-Ann said...

@haze: So do I :D
@the Ginge: YES IT WAS!! ZOMG!! And actually, the ending wasn't predictable to me. Because it looked like the opposite the way that Jordan was freaking out. xD And yeah, this is my first book that I've read by her. I'm reading The tenth Circle now :) I hope to write as well as her some day. Now, I'm just working on it :)

A said...

I've been looking for a new book! I think I'll definitely look into this one!

ishashime said...

i haven't finished half of this book yet. haha. so far i think it's quite boring, but i guess i'll have to stick it out.

Jodie-Ann said...

@A: Awesome! :D
@ishashime: Haha, stick it outt! It gets better :D

The Blog Writer said...

Ah! This sounds tempting! Will look it up.

Jodie-Ann said...

Awesome :D

iZaynab said...

iThought this was like a book about best friends dating.
BLAH BLAH BLAH ~
Then the death & murder & suicide.
iNeed this book * _____ *

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...