DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Don't judge.

So, today, a woman got on the bus wearing a hijab and a veil thing over her face. The veil covered her nose and mouth. The only part of her face visible were her eyes. So, she looked like this:
Anyways, when she came on the bus, everyone was staring at her. I smiled at her daughter who looked to be about, like.... *thinks* five? SHE WAS SO CUTE! Then, I was gaping at her son like a fish because he WAS SO HOT.
Seriously. And he looked like he was thirteen or something. BUT HE WAS SO SO SO SO HOT! Two years younger than be but still: HE WAS SO HOT.
He was a sex god.
:D
Yeah, so. He was delicious-looking. Anyways, people were staring at the women, but mostly curiously. Not like "SHE'S A TALIBAN!" Which is a look I have seen the Muslim women get. It disturbs me how horrible people are. Just because she is wearing a hijab and a veil-thing, it does not mean that she's a taliban.
It simply means that she believes highly in her faith. And the whole point of the hijab and veil-thing is to cover herself up so that only her husband is allowed to see her without it. It's like... preserving her for her husband or something. I think it's cool. Honestly, I'd never wear it, but I don't see what's wrong if other people do.
Instead of thinking of those women as evil people, think of them as women who believe in tradition and wish to keep themselves for their husbands alone. Which is kind of sweet, actually.
XD

23 run-on sentences.:

meandmythinkingcap said...

Men of their tradition and society are allowed to marry as many women they want, u do know tht rite?
And preserving part works only for women, men dont preserve anything :)
When I see these women covered in burqa leaving eyes alone, I dunno I get furious not because they are all crude and talibany but in the name of religion and tradition they still treat women as some sort of animal rather than a person. They give me creeps!
When I actually spoke to one , she said that if any man happens to see her hair, it is a curse in their religion and the women who exposed her hair commited a sin and for that Allah would never forgive her!Booooooooooo

haze said...

oh, you are so right with this, Jodie. it's refreshing to know that you are open-minded with things like this, or else, i think i may have unfollowed you. haha. i really hate mean people. i am not a muslim but i do respect them, the same reason that they do respect us too.

and that sex god teenage boy, haha! you are crazy! haha :D

Jodie-Ann said...

@meandmythinkingcap: Yes, I agree that it isn't fair that women must keep themselves for their husbands but the husbands can do whatever they please. But, I don't care. That is THEIR problem. If the women allow their husbands to fool around, then that's their problem. All I know is, there's no way my husbands fooling around with another woman. I don't care WHAT religion I'm in. I will divorce him if I have to.
@haze: Lol :D

iZaynab said...

Uhg, whenever me mother leaves the house she a l w a y s gets stares from people looking at her.
& Then their the terrorist remarks.
- ___ - We don't get them alot, but sometimes people think of it as a joke.
But when iDo wear a hijab iCover the majority of my face.
Most people won't say anything but they stare like your an alien.
: P iChoose not to wear one though.

ishashime said...

i lived my entire life in a Muslim country so when i see women all covered up elsewhere, it doesn't really faze me anymore. i still don't like it when others look at them as if they were so different, though. :|

angela said...

Speaking of non-judging articles, I just finished watching a movie on YouTube, "to be fat like me," and it was about a girl who goes undercover as a fat girl to document it and basically show that judging is wrong and most of the time no one really has the right to do so (at least out loud and disrespectfully, I mean).

YOu should watch it, it's all on youtube, just search for the title. :D Plus there's some romance on there and it's got some funny parts too.

meandmythinkingcap said...

What about respecting the wishes of the country you are in? I am not asking people to give up their customs and culture but if you respect your culture so much why are you here in a country so much different from yours.
You cant imagine walking in shorts and spagettis in their country and you cover yourself to respect that rite? Why dont they do the same when there are in alien nation?
Doesnt a burga make others uncomfortable?

The Blog Writer said...

This is a very courageous, broad-minded post, Jodie-Ann!

Jodie-Ann said...

@iZaynab: Yeah D: I wouldn't want to wear a hijab XD
@ishashime: Me neither. It's like keep your eyes to yourself XD
@angela: Okay, I'll check that out! It sounds interesting :D
@meandmythinkingcap: Yeah... if I went to their country, I'd still wear tank tops and shorts. XD
@TBW: Thank you! :D

r.alsharif said...

Hey Jodie Ann! You just gained respect in my eye on your opinion. I love the fact that you dont judge. I am a muslim girl, raised in the states, living in Kuwait (from Kuwait) and I am proud to say that I wear the hijab. As for meandmythinkingcap It is not true that men in our society can marry as much women as they want. wtf? And it's not true that men don't preserve anything they can't date or have sex till marriage either. I would really like to ask meandmythinkingcap to educate his/herself because we Muslim women do not wear the hijab for men. It is a religious act that not all women take a part of. Some people say why wear the hijab... well why not? What's wrong with being modest and conservative? And about showing your hair and Allah never forgiving you... God is forgiving. He isn't going to send someone to hell because their hair showed... You inspired me to make a post on the hijab!
And again, I really respect you for being so open minded and non judge mental! :D

meandmythinkingcap said...

@r.alsharif- Sorry if I had hurt your sentiments. As I said you respect your culture and tradition , ask me to do same if I step into yours, not in "Land of the free and home of the brave".
And about educating myself, I think I know enough to make comment I guess you need to check your Quran again.
And one more if any man kills any other humanbeing (jihad) for blasphemy then he would be awarded with 100s of hooris(virgins) in his afterlife. Dont tell me that this too doesnt exist.

Hanis. said...

Blergh. Some of the comments here makes me want to smack people.
1. A guy can only marry FOUR women. Not as much as possible.
2. Keep in mind not all Muslims are Arabs so the "name of religion and tradition they still treat women as some sort of animal rather than a person" is more due to tradition. I don't think if my Dad treats me like an animal, he would let me pursue my degree, go out, drive and other things animals can't do.
3. If I stay a virgin, which I plan to, and if I'm getting married to a Muslim guy, he better fucking be a virgin too. Unless he was married before.

Jodie-Ann said...

@r.alsharif: Haha thank you XD And interesting comment XD I have been educated :D
@meandmythinkingcap: I love how polite you are hahahahaha XD
@Hanis: Four is still way too many. But, hey, it's not my religion or anything. Hmm, I agree with number 2 and number 3: HECK YEAH!

meandmythinkingcap said...

Osama is dead!

Jodie-Ann said...

?!

meandmythinkingcap said...

One honest question..Preserving part works for men too?
Why dont I see any muslim man wearing burqa or hijab or whtever?
They arent modest and conservative?

Jodie-Ann said...

Well, in some cultures men wear turbans and there's the kipa(or however you spell it) for jewish men. I don't know why they wear these things though.

r.alsharif said...

meandmythinkingcap: I accept your apology but why are you determined on being rude? Jihad is NOT killing another human being, Jihad means self sacrifice. And when it says Man, it means mankind not males. Self sacrifice being doing anything that is hard for you to do that is for a good reason. For example my personal Jihad would be waking up and going to school every morning.(silly as it sounds but it is :P ) I think that one of the most misunderstood terms in Islam is Jihad. I understand why you would think it is that (the killing of people) because of terrorism. But Terrorism has nothing to do with Islam. Yes there are Muslims that did bad things but there are also Christians, Jews, and Athiests that have done bad things too but I don't see their religion going on trial. I really hope that someday everyone will stop judging each other and learn to set aside religious differences.

meandmythinkingcap said...

Every religion has blood on its hands. Blood libel,holocaust and forced conversation and everything.
I am not inclined to islam because of what it preaches. I am not saying all Islam men are wifebeaters.
But this specific religion preaches violence and encourages polygamy and illtreats women.
Egypt when it was ruled by women it was one of the powerful countries in the world and it lost all its glory after Islam took over.And many more countries to follow the same.
How can you be so proud of something which absolutely gives no voice for women and which treats them like dirt and dust. Again I am happy that I am not born in that religion. And I am never thrilled to take vacation to middleeast where I would treated as outcast unless I wear hijab and blend in.I dont hate muslims many of my friends are muslims but I cant deny that sometimes I feel sorry for them for having to bound and shrink in name of religion.
I dont wanna eat frenchfries under the veil:)
http://meandmythinkingcap.blogspot.com/2010/12/sex-and-city-2-movie-review.html

Jodie-Ann said...

...Whoa I'm not part of this conversation XD

Furree Katt said...

I LOVE YOU FOR THIS, JODIE! ♥ you are so broad-minded and wonderful. you've really got the essence of hijab. this made me really happy, i even showed this post to my mum.

Jodie-Ann said...

Heehee :D I feel special :D Thank you =D (I can't stop smiling)

Hanis. said...

@meandmythinkingcap

Do you know that Islam only ask you to wear to cover the head, not the face. In Islam, a woman can show her hands and her face. The veil comes from culture. Which somehow some parts of Islam decided to take. Covering the face comes from living in a desert and it actually prevents sand and dry air on the face.
Did you know that?
And wow, I'm muslim and I don't feel mistreated. You have to stop looking at one section of Muslims and think "Hey, this is how the whole religion is like" because that is pretty darn stupid.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...