DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Friday, April 29, 2011

"...Because you were born perfect and I was born like this..."


I just finished watching I Am Sam. I cried. I cried and I cried and I cried. No, I SOBBED. I had to take off my glasses at one point, pause the movie and sob.
No joke.
It's about a man named Sam who has the mental capabilities of a seven year old. He has a daughter who IS seven and authorities want to take her away from him because they fear that he will not be able to take care of her. But he CAN.
HE CAN, DAMMIT.
He loves her! Why can't those stupid, rotten people understand that love is what's important. Screw the fact that he's basically seven years old. Think about the fact that he loves her so much that he would do anything for her.
I Am Sam is such an inspiring movie. It is one of the best movies I have ever watched. NEVER have I cried this often during a movie. In the first scene my eyes watered.
It just made me so sad to see that man love his daughter so much and just not get anywhere. No matter what he did. Because of his disability. All he wants in life is to get a good apartment and a good job and to be able to take care of his daughter and he cant DO that! The court's trying to take away the one thing he really values in life: his daughter.

Here are two quotes that made me sob like a madwoman:

(It doesn't matter who Rita is. It's the conversation they have that I want to share)


Sam: Yeah, but I tried, I tried hard. 
Rita: Try harder! 
Sam: Yeah, but you don't know, you don't know! 
Rita: I don't know WHAT? 
Sam: Yeah, you don't know what is like when you try, and you try, and you try, and you try, and you don't ever get there! Because you were born perfect and I was born like this, and you're perfect! 
Rita: Oh, is that right? 
Sam: People like you don't know... 
Rita: People like me? 
Sam: People like you don't know what is like to get hurted. Because you don't have feelings. People like you don't feel anything! 

And... (Lucy is Sam's daughter)
Lucy: Daddy, did God made for you to be like this or was it an accident? 
Sam: Ok, what do you mean? 
Lucy: I mean you're different. 
Sam: But what do you mean? 
Lucy: You're not like other daddies. 
Sam: I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Yeah, I'm sorry. [The fact that he's apologizing made me so sad. It isn't his fault. But, since he has the mind of a child, he thinks it is. Children believe that if anything bad happens it is a punishment because they did something wrong.]
Lucy: It's ok, daddy. It's ok. Don't be sorry. I'm lucky. Nobody else's daddy ever comes to the park. [This made me cry even harder]
Sam: Yeah! Yeah! Yeah, we are lucky. Aren't we lucky? Yeah! 

WATCH. THIS. MOVIE. It's amazing.

10 run-on sentences.:

Cloud Strife said...

watched this movie was religion and watched it on tv, one of the most beautiful movies you'll ever watch :) and how sweet was randy at the end :D
and how Lucy kept going back to Sam's place xD sooo cute

r.alsharif said...

I LOVE I AM SAM!!! It makes me cry like a baby too!!!

meandmythinkingcap said...

I liked Kramer vs Kramer, similar loving dad story

Fiona said...

I'll have to take a look.

The only movie that really made me break down and cry was The Blind Side.
Ahh, great movie. :')

Jodie-Ann said...

@Cloud Strife: Ahh I know!!
@r.alsharif: XD
@meandmythinkingcap: Ah, I heard about that :D They made a reference to it in I Am Sam.
@Fiona: I've never heard of that movie. I'll look it up on IMDb XD

The Blog Writer said...

That film is heartbreakingly sad. :(

Jodie-Ann said...

I know D:

haze said...

oh, i love this movie... i saw this first in school in our psychology class that's why i didn't understand it. haha. then i saw it again on HBO. ooohhh. it really made me cry. really is amazing!

ishashime said...

i am sam made me bawl like a baby.

Jodie-Ann said...

@haze: It IS amazing!
@ishashime: Me too XD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...