DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

When you fall in love with your sister's husband...

...you're pretty much screwed.

So, this is a book review of the novel The Six Rules of Maybe by Deb Caletti(do you think her name is actually Debbie? Or Debra? Or something. Okay, not the name Something because that would be weird but-SHUT UP, BRAIN!).
It is about a seventeen year old girl named Scarlet who is an extremely sweet girl. She is always trying to make people feel better. But, when her older [evil, but that's just my opinion]sister Juliet comes over with her husband Hayden, everything gets crazy. Juliet comes back PREGNANT and newly married. Scarlet is sort of okay with everything but when she falls in love with Hayden... stuff happens.
Anyways, here's my rating out of five: ****
It was actually pretty good. Nothing turned out how I expected it, but whatever. I'll complain by myself in a corner. Then, I'll look insane and be committed to an asylum.
Anywho, here's what I liked:
-The title is actually relevant to the novel. :) You figure out the reason for it about halfway through the book.
-The main character Scarlet is so likable.
-It's a great story.
-Awesome characters.

What I didn't like:
-So many "suspenseful" things happened, so it wasn't really suspenseful anymore. Just irritating.
-Not enough romance. NOT. AT. ALL. Okay, so maybe it's not really a romance novel. But STILL. I wanted some more somethin'-somethin'. ;)
-Not enough happened. I just thought that the novel just wasn't enough. Hard to explain.

So, there you have it! I've read much more books since my last review. But, anyways, I hope you'll read this book and enjoy it and whatever. :D

3 run-on sentences.:

Hanis. said...

I just have to ask. What's the ending? It sounds like an interesting book. Sadly, I don't have any*cough*money*cough* to buy any books.

Jodie-Ann said...

Oh, neither do I haha! I borrowed it at the library. LOL. I guess I can email you the ending. Would you want me to do that?

The Blog Writer said...

A regular reader's opinion, I will respect. :)

I find it so hard to contain my disappointment when the end is not what I want it to be.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...