DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Should you play auto-music your blog?

Well, here's a great topic to debate about. I used to have a music thingie on my blog, but someone convinced me to take it off. At first, I was all like, "WHAT YOU SAY?! Shuddup, you piece of rotten fish." But, then, I thought about it and took it off for a while. I made a bet with the blogger who told me to take it off.
The bet was that I would take my music player off for a length of time and see if I get less or more followers during that time than when I had it on.
During the same length of time. I hope that makes sense. It didn't sound like it did to me. Actually, it sounded pretty convoluted, messed up and like chicken-scratch in Chinese. But, meh. Maybe you can read convoluted, messed up Chinese chicken-scratch.
I know I can't.
So, anyways, I took off the player. And... I got more followers. But, maybe it was just because I got better at blogging. Who knows?
Anyways, I now have the player off. You know why he told me I should have it off?
1. It makes the page load slower. [Okay, makes sense]
2. The reader might have already been listening to music and yours is just going over it. [True...]
3. Some readers like to read in silence. [Yeah, that's true too]
4. And no one gives a s*** about what music your like. [RUDE!]

But, you know what? I have to agree with him on all those points. Even the last one. A bit. Even though it was mean. When I go on someone's blog, it always annoys me when they have a music player. Because I always have to pause it since it's playing music automatically.
I don't mind music players on blogs that don't play automatically. Because then I can listen to my own music. And, if I feel like it, I'll check out the music you like to listen to on your player. But, I have to admit that most of the time, I won't look at your player. Because most of the time, I'm in a rush and only have time to read your post, think about it for a while and comment appropriately. I don't have time to check out your player. Plus, I'm always already listening to music. Like I am now[City by Hollywood Undead].
So, what do you guys think about auto-music?
Do or don't?[hahahahaahha]

PS: Oh and I got bored and edited one of my pictures yesterday with BeFunky. I love how this turned out. BTW, On my forehead, those are not pimples. Those are weird dots. o.O Lol. I'm serious. I don't have a lot of acne anymore[YAY!]

17 run-on sentences.:

PurpleMist. said...

I do NOT like auto music. It's just annoying. Reasons? The one's that blogger listed :)

Hanis. said...

I'm often cursing the blog with auto music. Because its never a song I like, its always there when I don't have my headphones plugged. It will be a scramble to hit that mute button.

angela said...

Yeah, I'm not fond of auto-play anything. Mostly because since it makes my page load a bit slower, I then have to find where they put it in the first place to pause it. And of course, they never put it in an obvious spot. It's in the depths of their blog at the bottom behind everything. Listening to music while I'm reading also highly distracts me. It's why I have a music page instead lol

Furree Katt said...

i don't really like auto-music! i always have my PC volume on mute. it also gets annoying if you change pages and the music stops and restarts again. :O

pretty picture of yours :D ♥

Meg. said...

This is too true!
I always thik it'd be cool to have music on my blog but then I think, to be honest if anyone ever does it just annoys me. Never mind the fact that my speakers are always on really loud so it gives me a heart attack!
And if not, it means i'm listening to my own music, and noone likes that weird noise when you've got two songs mashed together :/
Good post! xoxo

Fiona said...

No auto music pleasseee.
I'm always listening to Pandora on my computer, so if a blog starts blasting other songs too, I have to go find the tab I have Pandora on, pause it, and THEN start reading.

It's annoying. D:

FeliciaShortii said...

i know I don't like auto music it's never songs i like and then as your friend said I'm listening to music and I have to go and find where they put it to pause it. Lov ethe pic though. And auto music is annoying! Check my blog out please.

Jodie-Ann said...

@PurpleMist: I couldn't agree more.
@Hanis: LOL me too!!
@angela: Lol, yeah that's actually a really good idea. The music page.
@Furree Katt: Yeah, it does get annoying. D: And thank you!
@Meg.: LOL, i'm always using earphones. So, it scares me like hell. XD Thank you!! :D
@Fiona: It really must be annoying. Is Pandora an online music thingie? Like Grooveshark? I've never heard of Pandora before.
@Fee: Auto music really is annoying. :l And yay thanks! :D I'll check out your blog. :)

iZaynab said...

- _________ - My lord please do not put some auto music.
iDon't know why but its just super annoying cause you minding your own buisness & BAM ! ! !
Some random stuff blasts out your speakers. iMean if it was a picture blog or something its okay. But, Nope.

Its annoying.
It lags your page.
It is ugly.

haze said...

haha... i agree with numbers 2&3...

Jodie-Ann said...

@iZaynab: I totally agree. I hate seeing it on other peoples' blogs!
@haze: Lol XD

ishashime said...

not a fan of auto-music on blogs or anywhere else, for that matter.
there i am, silently reading a post and suddenly something by Bruno Mars or whatever starts blaring out of my speakers. i have to check every open tab to find its source. i also hate it when the player is super hard to find on a page. :|

Jodie-Ann said...

Ugh, I hate it EVERYWHERE. And I hate having to search for it too. :l

r.alsharif said...

No! It can be annoying :P and if your page freezes and the music keeps playing it makes you want to break your laptop :P

Jodie-Ann said...

LOL, yeah haha!

The Blog Writer said...

I turn my volume off when a blog has music on it.

Jodie-Ann said...

Smart lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...