DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Never Apologize for Being Pretty by Meredith

The very pretty author of this post!

My co-worker said that to me one time at a work Christmas party.  I didn’t know it was a rather casual Christmas party, so I was more dressed up than everyone else.  I was so self-conscious I refused to take my coat off.  When people had asked me why I just didn’t take my coat off, I responded saying I felt overdressed.  That’s when my co-worker told me to ‘never apologize for being pretty.”
I think it’s safe to say that pretty people make an impression on others.  So what if I was dressed up more than others?  People took notice.  Getting noticed is always a good thing (when it’s for the right reasons).
I was uncomfortable in that situation at the Christmas party because I don’t like people staring at me.  Once I took off my coat I was getting compliments left and right about my outfit.  Getting compliments always makes you feel more confident.  That never would have happened if I hadn’t dared to just take off my coat.
My co-worker was right; no one should ever have to apologize for looking their best.
*That was a guest post by Meredith at Growing Popularity Blog. It's this really cool blog actually. So, check it ouuuuuuttt!!!!! Isn't this post just amazing?!-Jodie-Ann*

11 run-on sentences.:

Furree Katt said...

that's a great piece of advice! :D
and Meridith is soooo pretty.

Jodie-Ann said...

I agree for both points. :D

Meredith said...

Thank you!

Jodie-Ann said...

You're welcome!!! :D

Jodie-Ann said...

And thank YOU! :D

The Blog Writer said...

:) I can relate to this one! That is advice that I'll remember.

Jodie-Ann said...

It is great advice, isn't it? :D

Makeup by Sherry Blossom said...

As a makeup artist, I have clients who are self conscious to even wear makeup almost as if they subconsciously feel they don't deserve to feel or look pretty. That's awesome advice! NEVER apologize for being pretty! Do whatever you feel to make yourself feel pretty! It's your right!

p.s. i have a blog giveaway going for a cash prize...in the form of a visa giftcard and i also have a youtube giveaway going for INGLOT cosmetics palette...18&over..open to all (Us, canada, international)

So feel pretty! buy something pretty! wear something pretty! jus look in the mirror and smile we are ALL pretty!

sherry blossom

mua for the everyday woman

"making your inner beauty blossom...always"

ishashime said...

awww. this is a wonderful piece of advice. :)

Jodie-Ann said...

@Sherry Blossom: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your advice! It's amazing :D
@ishashime: IKR?! :D

FireFairy said...

I think it's great to look your best. You're an individual with talent and you must therefore have healthy sense of self-esteem :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...