DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Quebec, you're STUPIDE.

So, this is a little rant about the province I live in: Quebec. It's ALL FRENCH. Now, I have told you this before. So, just so I don't get repetitive, hence boring, I shall get to the point of this post.
The French people here expect you to know French. When you can't speak it, they think you're stupid. It's as simple as that. Actually people in stores do this:
Worker: Bonjour! (Hello)
Customer: Hi, can I have a Big Mac trio?
Worker: Pardon? (Pardon?)
Customer: A Big Mac trio.
Worker: Ah, okay, avec quelle boisson? (Oh, okay, with which drink?)
Customer: What?
Worker: A....VEC... QUELLE... BOI... SSON...? (With... which... drink...?)
Customer: I don't speak French. Can you speak English, please?
Worker: Quoi? (What?)
Customer: Can you get the manager please?
And this goes on and on. If you're working in a place where you have to talk to other human beings, shouldn't you know how to speak English? English is the universal language! Well, actually that's the middle finger.
But, really, in all seriousness, Quebec is ridiculous. In history class, all we learn about is QUEBEC history. What is that?! I want to learn about different countries and provinces. Not just Quebec!
Look at a picture I took in a McDonald's:
See that? It's ALL IN FRENCH! No English translation anywhere nearby. How ridiculous is that?! What about the English people who don't understand this? Okay, I understand but that's not the point. O__O
And, now it's going to be difficult for me to get into an English college. See, people from other provinces/countries came to Quebec and were forced into the "French program". Basically, the children have to go to a French school and I think the adults have to learn French(I THINK). I know about the children being forced to go to a French school for sure though. Through elementary school and high school, they HAVE to go to French schools. But, when they go to college, it's their choice. they can go to an English or French one. So, obviously, they're going to choose to go to an English one. So now, all the English and French students are trying to get into the English colleges. That is why I am now FREAKING OUT. So, I'm working my butt off so that my marks can be higher than those French people and I can get into the English college of my choice. -.-'

8 run-on sentences.:

iZaynab said...

iHave no idea what to say >_____<
But good luck with getting to an American College =________=
Pain in the butt for us cause we have to take tests & do all this other non-sense.

haze...♥ said...

oh, i think it would be nice to learn french... but yes, why call other people stupid if they don't how to??
hmmm. it sucks.

Jodie-Ann said...

@iZaynab: Thanks :D And it's not really American, haha. It's still in Canada and Quebec. Just English. XD
@haze...♥: Yeah, French is okay, I guess. But, NEVER learn Quebecoise French. NEVERR. Learn French from France. :D

meandmythinkingcap said...

you are not in France and they expect you to speak in french in Canada!

Kamila said...

I really wanna learn French someday..and I think your pretty lucky to have that opportunity.. but I guess... the oone you told about workers or servant who speaks French and don't understand what the customers have been saying is one insane thing.

PurpleMist. said...

Well, at least you're not one of those people who don't know french but had to be forced to study it!

Good luck with getting into an english college! I'm sure you can do it :)

ishashime said...

I WANT TO LEARN FRENCH. T__T
oh well, hope you do get into an English college of your choice. i'm sure you can do it. :)

Jodie-Ann said...

@meandmythinkingcap: I KNOW RIGHT?!
@Kamila: I can teach you if you want. :) Yeah, I am lucky, I guess. But, they should be learning to speak English as well.
@PurpleMist: Haha, yeah. THANK GOD! Thank you :)
@ishashime: Teehee, I can teach you if you want :D And thank you :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...