DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Looking for A Refreshment?

Hey, guys. Here's another book review. One of my favorite books: The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han.
SUCH a refreshing book. A MUST READ. When you finish reading it, you'll feel so relaxed. Seriously. It's the kind of book that you want to cuddle up somewhere and read. On a hot, lazy summer day. That is really the best time to read this book. And I REALLY suggest reading this.
It's about a girl named Belly who became pretty. Well, she was always pretty, obviously, but this was when everyone else started noticing her. By everyone else, I mean her two best buds Conrad and Jeremiah who are brothers. Every summer, Belly goes to the summer house and hangs out with Conrad, Jeremiah and their mother, Susannah. Belly goes with her mother and her brother Steven. Belly has always loved Conrad, but Jeremiah really likes her. He starts to love her, but she still loves Conrad. This creates a really tangled web between Conrad, Jeremiah and Belly. Will Belly and Conrad FINALLY get together after YEARS of her loving him? Or will Jeremiah get Belly, who he has always really liked and just may love?

What I liked:
-This book was HILARIOUS.
-Soo heartwarming.
-The characters were very characterized(harhar).
-The romance was amazing.
-Not lovey dovey romance, but soft, gentle. SUBTLE and sweet.
-The characters were so real, they really pulled me into the story.
-Fresh!

What I didn't like:
-It finished WAY too quickly and left me hanging. -.-'
I rate this a five out of five.

The sequel to this book: It's not Summer Without you.

This one was OKAY. The first one was MUCH better. But, since the first one left me hanging, this second one satisfied me. It ended properly AT LEAST. Also, a lot of suspense.

What I liked:
-Lots of suspense and DRAMA.
-Romance.
-Some parts that make you laugh or grin really widely.
-Some sexy parts. ;)
I rate this a three point five out of five.

8 run-on sentences.:

haze said...

I would love to read that too :)

Jodie-Ann said...

You should, it's amazing :D

Furree Katt said...

YAY THE SECOND ONE HAS SEXY PARTS! :P
i'll look for both of these, i want to read them.

p.s thanks for the blog follow! ♥ ♥ you made my dayyy.

Kamila said...

nice review there Jodie-Ann...!!

BASKET of DREAMS

Jodie-Ann said...

@Furree Katt: LOL! Yay! You should definitely read them :D You're welcome for the follow. It's because I went to my dashboard and didn't see your blog so I was like WTF and then I just went to it from my address bar and saw that I wasn't following it. o__O So, I followed. :D
@Kamila: Thank you :D

Ashley said...

This sounds cute, though I may take your suggestion and wait until a hot lazy summer day to read it.. though that seems ages away..

ishashime said...

nice. i might look it up someday and read it. haha. :D

Jodie-Ann said...

@Ashley: Yeah, you should. And that will be IN A WHILE. D;
@ishashime: Haha :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...