DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

"Humans are such beautiful creatures..."


Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl is a FANTASTIC Southern gothic paranormal romance. It's in the POV of a boy named Ethan Wate(who I THINK is 16) who constantly has dreams of this beautiful girl. He doesn't know her name, but in every dream he has of her, he is trying to hold onto her wrist because she's falling from him. Anyways, he goes to school and there's a new girl named Lena Duchannes who is the girl from his dream. He finds out that they can communicate telepathically. It's pretty awesome actually. Obviously, they fall in love... but their love is cursed(literally. It's like a 100 year old curse or something. You learn more about it in the novel). Will they be able to be to be together? Or will the curse prevent them from finding true love?
It's a series, so you can just keep on reading.

Why I liked this book:
-The romance was sweet. :)
-The action scenes are AMAZING. Overflowing with detail. :D
-The characters are very fully developed.
-The POV is from a teenaged boy. It's interesting to see the boys' points of view. Especially how he talks about Lena.
-A paranormal romance. :D So, there was a lot of talk of spells and magic. It was quite interesting.
-How the people spoke. Seeing as it was a Southern. It was pretty amazing. :D There was a lot of doin' and etc. :D
-Some humorous parts. One of the characters is a RIOT. I won't ruin it for you, hehe.
-A LOT of mystery. You're always wondering.
-Great ending.

What I didn't like:
-Definitely not enough romance. They BARELY kissed! Come on! There was only like ONE steamy kissing scene. The rest were little pecks. There was a lot of acting romantic but not being romantic, you know? hard to explain. Like they'd talk to each other saying "I love you", etc. But there were no kisses. Only a few. I thought that was pretty lame.

I rate this book a four out of five because of it's lack of romance. It is a PARANORMAL ROMANCE. Where's the steamy kisses? Where is the SEXINESS?!


PS: By the way, the title of this post is actually the reason behind the name of the novel. (I think)

2 run-on sentences.:

Ashley said...

GAH! I hate when "romance" books have characters that barely even kiss. Where's the romance in saying "so-and-so gave so-and-so a quick peck on the cheek"? THERE IS NONE.

Anyway, this sounds like a good book. :) And I love me some paranormal novels

Jodie-Ann said...

Haha! Yes, it is a good book though :D I love paranormal books too. I'll do some more reviews, because I've read a lot of them, lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...