DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

For The Girls Who Don't Know That They're Beautiful.

Hey, guys! I recently read a book called North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley. It was actually really good. I'm going to do a review now, so KEEP READING.
...Please?
Okay, so, this book was about a girl named Terra who is GORGEOUS. Like, she has an amazing body since she works out and a very pretty face. BUT. And of course, there is ALWAYS a but. She has a port-wine birthmark on her cheek. To her, that ruins her beauty and she thinks that no one will love her. So, she settles for a guy who is embarrassed of her when she's not wearing makeup to hide her birthmark. But then, she meets Jacob and her world is turned upside down. With him, she discovers the real meaning of true beauty.

What I liked:
-It focused very well on certain topics. The author didn't just ramble on about unimportant stuff to fill up paper. Everything that happened had meaning.
-The book was at medium pace. It wasn't speeding along and it wasn't going really slowly either.
-Very interesting characters.
-Terra's problem is really explored in depth.
-Made me want to keep reading.

What I didn't like:
-Some parts were a bit TOO slow. Just a few parts. I admit, I skipped some paragraphs because they looked like they would hold no value and wouldn't contribute to the story in any way.

I recommend this book to girls who don't see how beautiful they are. This book will definitely help you. It helped me a lot. Some parts in the book are so beautiful I almost cried. I won't spoil it for you though.
Also, to people who like romances that don't only focus on the romance itself, but friendship and things like that.

All in all, this was a good book. I have it four stars out of five because of the slowness in some parts. I definitely think everyone should read this book, haha.
A future book review(I am currently reading):
Beautiful Creatures.
By Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. It's a series. :)

PS: I'm going to start doing book reviews. What do you guys think? Should I do Beautiful Creatures? Should I do book reviews at all?

11 run-on sentences.:

livelovelyxx said...

This looks amazing! I definitely need to read this, and I just bought it online for my e-reader! Thanks for telling us about it. (:

iZaynab said...

>:D Nice book. I'll so buy it ASAP & iJust got this book from my schools book give-away & its about the topic of s=confidence in your own beauty.

aesedttyrt5we4sdtre.........WIN! said...

hahahahahaha Jacob! xD
(sorry...)

Jodie-Ann said...

@livelovelyxx: :D Happy you think it looks amazing haha. You're welcome! Enjoy!
@iZaynab: Yayz! Enjoy it :D And that sounds awesome :]
@Spazzykins: LOL FAIL AT LIFE!

iZaynab said...

@ Jodie- xP lmao When iRead Jacob Twilight automatically popped in my mind~

meandmythinkingcap said...

sounds like an interesting book.

Jodie-Ann said...

@iZanyab: LOL!!!
@meandmythinkingcap: It is :D

aesedttyrt5we4sdtre.........WIN! said...

not that Jacob... ew...

Jodie-Ann said...

LOL

Ashley said...

Have you heard of the story The Birthmark by Nathaniel Hawthorne? This sounds similar to it in some senses. Girl has birthmark, guy obsesses over it until she agrees to remove it, then she dies haha. K it doesnt sound that similar at all, I know.

Anyway, this sounds interesting, I may look into it :)

Btw, it took me forever to type this, I just painted my nails

Jodie-Ann said...

Never heard of it. I think I'll look for it :D
And LOL. I wonder what color o__O

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...