DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A boy and his nipples.

Fruit by Brian Francis is a novel about a boy and his nipples. As you can tell from the title, it is a VERY strange book. BUT, definitely a must read. I absolutely loved it. It's about a teenaged boy named Peter Paddington. It's set in 1984(or something...). Peter is gay, but doesn't really identify himself as that. But then, he starts dreaming about guys and meets a girl who says the f-word a bit too much. He has a crazy family, who loves him and are all thick. Well, he calls them fat, but I think that sounds mean. He's "fat" too. The book is named Fruit because he's gay (a "fruit") and his nipples are shaped like cherries. They change shapes, but always stay a fruit. His nipples basically control his life. It's quite funny, actually. They talk to him and he always tapes them down or something so that they'll "shut up".

Why I loved this book:
-It was HILARIOUS.
-The characters are so unique. You will never, ever, ever read about characters like these. EVER. Trust me. O__O You won't.
-The story has great pace. Not too fast and not too slow. Just perfect.
-Everything that happened had meaning. Or, some parts were just to amuse the reader. Which worked. VERY WELL. I was laughing out loud.
-There was a bit of swear words. I hate when teen novels don't have swear words in them. I really do. Because its, not realistic, in my opinion. Teens swear. I know that, you know that. So, when a teen book has absolutely no swear words in it I feel like I'm being babied. o__O

What I didn't like:
-Nothing.

I rate this book five out of five stars.
I recommend this book to people who love hilarious coming of age novels. Or to people who just love LGBQ books(my loves!). 
Oh, and I suggest that you not read this in public. People will think you're insane when you laugh out loud. I warned you!!
Hope you read this :D Enjoy!

11 run-on sentences.:

iZaynab said...

*Goes on Amazon* x0

meandmythinkingcap said...

sounds interesting

Bree said...

very interesting! I wanna read it now! U had me at talking nipples lol.

:) Bree

http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

PurpleMist. said...

hahaha, wow that DOES sound interesting! I'll see if I can find it. And thanks for the warning about not reading it in public :P

ishashime said...

sounds both weird and interesting. haha. will definitely be checking it out when i have the chance. xD

Furree Katt said...

I WANNA READ THIS NOW. NAAOOWW.

Ashley said...

HAHA talking nipples.. I'll look this baby up too!

Adrian Paul said...

Wow! I love reading! Thanks so much for this review! It sounds like a great book! LOL Talking nipples. I wish mine could talk.

Jodie-Ann said...

@iZaynab: :D
@meandmythinkingcap: It is, haha
@Bree: Teehee!!
@PurpleMist.: Haha :D You're welcome
@ishashime: Haha, you should definitely check it out :)
@Furree Katt: READ IT NOWWWW!!
@Ashley: Haha!
@Adrian Paul: You're welcome! I wish mine could talk too. That would be quite fun. :D

haze said...

haha... JODIE! i was shocked/interested/curious with this post's title!

i hate google or my internet connection or whatever it is that's blocking or suspending or not loading the word verification letters! and finally, it showed up itself!!!!!!!

btw, the precious letters of this comment is sconse. damnit. haha! :)♥

Jodie-Ann said...

Haha!! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...