DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Whitewashed?

Here's another thing I hate: STEREOTYPES.
You know, people tell me: "Oh, you're so whitewashed" or "You're so white". Why are you telling me that? I am an African American person. Don't believe me? WELL, TOO BAD, SUCKA.
So, yeah, I'm black. I don't act "black" and I don't act "white". I act like me. Like Jodie-Ann. That's it.
And my best friend Jasmine always talks in a really ghetto way like saying "Yo" instead of "Your" and things like that. Then, she says that she's "Acting black". I don't like when people say that. How is that acting black? That's acting GHETTO. Not BLACK. GHETTO. There is a difference. I don't talk like that and I'm black. O__O
And also liking rap music. I rarely listen to rap music. That doesn't mean I'm "whitewashed". o___O That just means that I don't really listen to rap.
So, think about that, people who say things like that. It's not funny. *gives you a wide-eyed look* It's... not... FUNNY.
:l
I'm hungry. My dad's making smoked salmon. MMMMMMMMMMMM. Tootles, friends. PEACE!

6 run-on sentences.:

iZaynab said...

OH MY G O S H.
Do NOT get me started on people telling me iAm an oreo. Its like WTF. If iAct loud & stand up for myself iAm Ghetto. Then if iAct smart & normal, iGet called whitewashed/oreo. iAlmost slapped some kid sometime last week for that.
Like with my friends we all say things to be racist to another, cause were close. :P
But yeahh, Other than my friend iGet so mad at people who tell me that. & Then people start to ask if iAm mixed or something -________- SMH. Its not about the cover that matters the most, its the inside. Like the most ugly person can have a heart of gold.

:D But its whatever~ { Its not.. }
Cause its been proven that people are raised to be against black people =_________= iSaw this thing when they showed Kinder student a white stick man & a brown/black stick man. & Without thought they choose the black stick man as bad. :P The lighter you are the better ~? Apparently being dark mean your gonna be a thug.
>___< I'll stop now.

-iZaynab ;D

Kamila said...

I love your pure strong personality Jodie-Ann.. and I love that your being yourself! :)
Keep it up!

Teresauras said...

"Do NOT get me started on people telling me iAm an oreo."

Amazing. A majority of my friends are mixtures of some other race. They seem to have other expectations of black people that I don't meet. Same with my family, because I don't really listen to rap, I'm a vegetarian, etc.

So half my life I've laughed it off or joined in when they tell me I'm white. When I was younger and they first said this I felt like that was the only way to be. "White," all or nothing.

Jodie-Ann said...

@iZaynab: I totally agree with you. Do I LOOK like a thug or ghetto?!
@Kamila: Thank you :D
@Teresaurus: Wow, I don't know how you can survive as a vegetarian. And I do the same thing, I usually just laughed it off. People are so WEIRD.

ishashime said...

stereotypes make me sad. :(

Jodie-Ann said...

They make me sad too. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...