DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

[URGENT]High School Pieces...?

I got an email from High School Pieces sometime in November. I think I blogged about this. I can't remember. But anyways, so, I got an email from them. They're basically an online magazine. Sounds interesting, I suppose.
The email they sent me was to ask me whether I would like to join their team and be a writer myself! Well, I never responded to them(see how weird I am?). I only responded like ten minutes ago. And now it's what? January 2nd of a completely new year! How lame is that?! See how odd I am? They'll probably think I'm insane or something for taking so long to answer. Plus, the email said to respond if I'm interested. I was/am interested, but I have no clue why I never answered the email. Shoot me now! Why didn't I answer in NOVEMBER WHEN THEY ASKED ME IN THE FIRST PLACE?!
Gosh.
I really should do it, shouldn't I? They said that they found me from my blog. They saw my blog and liked it. O__O So, I guess this blog's pretty good, huh?
But, that's not the point. What now? Since I'm a minor, I'll need parental consent and all that... Should I really do it? I think I should. Right?
Because I want to be an author but I have LITERALLY nothing to put on my query. By the way, a query is like a resume but the literary version. :)
So, anyways, I need credentials. And if I write some stuff for HSP, that'll give me some stuff to put on the blank query of mine. Publishers/agents like to see experience. I have NONE. If I write for HSP, then I will have some experience.
Should I do it?? Lemme know!

PS: Seriously, let me know. :]
PPS: BTW, here's the email I sent back to them:

Hi! Sorry this is such a delayed response. When I got your email, I was really excited about it but for some reason didn't do anything about it. I'm really weird that way.
But, this seems really interesting. I'm really happy that you like my blog! I've always wanted to write for a magazine, so this is really great for me. Also, I want to be an author some day and I need credentials. Which I'm definately not getting by sitting around and blogging. So, this is really a great oppurtunity, so thank you for emailing me. I'm definately interested. I'd like to know how it all works and everything.
Thanks for your patience!
-Jodie-Ann

I tried to sound SLIGHTLY professional while trying to look like I wasn't trying to sound professional(what?). Did that make any sense?
PPPS: It probably didn't. Oh well! I tried.
PPPPS: Maybe I shouldn't have talked about the credentials. CRAP.
PPPPPS: And I said 'so' twice in one sentence. DANG IT.
PPPPPPS: OMG, it's HORRIBLE! D;

10 run-on sentences.:

Mia said...

I GOT THAT EMAIL TOO!
I think I might do it :D

Jodie-Ann said...

:D YAYY! Someone else to ponder about this with! :D And you should. I have no clue whether I will or not. xD

Ashley said...

Haha it made sense. Trying to be professional without sounding like you were actually trying, I mean.

You should def do it! (yeah that's right, I said def)

Jodie-Ann said...

Yay! Happy I made sense! :D And thanks, maybe I will. And I love the sorta-word 'def'. It's awesome :D

Adrian Paul said...

You should most definitely do it because if you have a bigger query you will get more opportunities to do more things! That is always exciting right?

Mia said...

Ahh Jodie this is so awesome that we may possibly do this together :D

iZaynab said...

DO IT >:D
iDo remember when you posted about this & Yeah, you should so do it. iMean 2011 just started & this might be a sign ;D

PurpleMist. said...

Haha I got an email from them too, but I'll have no time to keep updating my blog and manage college work and continue working on my novel if I became a writer on hspieces.
But if you have time then go ahead :)

artfullydramatic said...

interesting post :) I'm quite loving this blog, just discovered it! :)

Jodie-Ann said...

@Adrian Paul: I agree! And yes, that's always exciting :D
@Mia: Yes, it is! XD
@iZaynab: Hehe yeah, this may indeed be a sign. Hopefully it's a good one. :P
@PurpleMist: Aw ;( But, yeah I may have time. teehee
@artfullydramatic: Thank you! :D Happy you're loving it :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...