DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Trying To Learn Greek...?

At the moment, I am using Livemocha to learn to speek Greek. I've always been fascinated by the language and really want to learn how to speek it. It's really hard though. I'm learning how to say some words and stuff. Greek doesn't seem like an easy language. But, anyway! It'll be very rewarding when I can converse with my Greek friends. :)
I will feel very proud of myself.
I'll probably give up in a week or less anyway. Lol. But, I'll try. Then, maybe I'll videotape a whole conversation with Jazzy(my bff who's Greek) and put it on here. Just so you guys can amuse yourselves with my horrible Greek. I actually took Greek class in the fourth and fifth grades. No joke. I was the only black kid; everyone else was Greek and their parents had sent them. The teacher admired me for it and always told me so. It made me feel proud. :D Everyone thought it was so strange. But, then, I would have some conversations(very short lol) with Greek people and they'd all be shocked. Haha.
This kid at my school was talking to me last time, and he said, "Your name's Jodie-Ann right?" And I said "Yeah..." Because I remembered him from my elementary school. And he said, "Yeah, I remember you. You took Greek class, right?" And that shocked me because it had been years. Like... five years. Lol! So, I was really shocked that he still remembered that. And I asked him, "How do you remember that still?!" And he said, "I remember because it was so strange."
Hmmmm...
It pleased me. Anyways! I'm going to try and continue learning Greek. I want to go to Greece someday. Maybe if I actually learn Greek, I'll talk to people there and show of my skills. :)
Hope that I don't give upWish me luck on this new... adventure...?
-Jodie-Ann
PS: Holy cow these words are really odd to pronounce. >:O

7 run-on sentences.:

Hanis. said...

Ooooh, interesting. My bestie is half Greek. I wanna learn Italian though. Just going to avoid any languages with a different alphabet. xD

Jodie-Ann said...

That's so cool. :) Italian sounds interesting, actually. Maybe I'll learn that too some day. :) And learning languages with a different alphabet isn't easy. Lol.

Oliver said...

Greece is awesome! It's very cultured and historic. I would love to go there someday, too.

In high school, I learned VERY little Russian, Spanish, and French. We did that for an English project... weird. =|

And in high school I learned to fake British and Russian accents! Jodie, try to learn accents, too! It would be fun. =]

Smmmitten said...

Livemocha? How come I've only heard about that now?
Must check it out right away.
Btw good luck with studying Greek! It gives me a headache just (trying) to read it. I chickened out and started learning French instead :D

Jodie-Ann said...

@Oliver: I do a great British accent. And Aussie. :) Good on you, mate! :D
@Smmmitten: Haha! I already know French. xD I live in Quebec(French province), so it's kind of a given.

Miss Bobo said...

that is great you are learning a new language. I appreciate you are doing that because a lot of people have that attitude: "why should I learn a new language?"=laziness thing going on. So congrats and good luck! ^^ (sorry I haven't commented in a while)

Jodie-Ann said...

Thanks :) And that's okay. I'm sorry I haven't commented on your blog in a long time too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...