DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank you, Soldiers

You're supposed to wear it on your lapel thing. :)  

Since it's Remembrance Day, I want to make a post just for the soldiers. THANK YOU, SOLDIERS!!! I am so grateful for you all fighting for us in the wars. I can't imagine what a traumatic experience that must have been. It's horrible that you had to leave everyone you loved to step out into the unknown. Not knowing whether you will live or die.
Thank you so much for fighting for me. If you hadn't, maybe I wouldn't have been able to get an education. Maybe I wouldn't have freedom. My life wouldn't be the way it is now-it would be worse. Terrible. I know that most of you died and I would like to say that you are all very respected for that. You have brought honor to your loved ones and your country. You are all wonderful people(were for some, I suppose) and I love you all very much even though I don't know any of you.
At 11 o'clock today, I was in class and we had a moment of silence for you guys. So, readers, if you haven't done this already, just take a moment of silence. Maybe not ten minutes, but at least thirty seconds. Just to thank the soldiers or maybe even to just remember them, like you're supposed to on Remembrance Day.
You don't have to count or anything, just stay silent and think about them a bit for as long as you feel fit to. It could even be thirty seconds. Just stop when you're ready. If you're actually going to do the moment of silence, start now.

Now, that you have had your moment of silence(if you did), let's read the poem we read every year on this day:

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
 By John McGrae in May 1915
Thanks, soldiers. *blows kisses*
-Jodie-Ann
PS: I hope you've all been wearing your poppies!
PPS: Because I haven't. Sorry, soldiers. I kept forgetting to wear it... Sorry. But, I wore it yesterday! And it kept falling off. And I eventually gave up with it(it's kind of old) and was going to get a new one, but I didn't have money on me. Not that I had to pay for it, because it was free, but there was a money back thing beside it, to donate to the veterans. And I would feel really bad if I took a poppy without putting money in the money bank. So, I just didn't take one. Sorry, soldiers again. Next year, I'm getting a brand new poppy and wearing it from the 5th to the 11th. :)

0 run-on sentences.:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...