DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Friday, November 5, 2010

If I Were to Abort A Baby, My Parents Would NOT Know.

Poor girl. :(
Hey, everyone. :) I have a question and I'm really curious to know your opinions. Does abortion need parental consent?
I don't think so. See, in my opinion, my parents have nothing to do with it. Therefore, it is unnecessary for them to need to know. I think that if I want an abortion, I should be able to do it without my parents allowing me to. Actually, I probably wouldn't even tell them if I was to get an abortion. First of all, I wouldn't get one in the first place, because I don't really believe in it. Seeing as if you were old enough to have sex in the first place, you should hold the responsibility of having a child. Just in case. Because no mean of contraception is 100%. Obviously, there is a chance, albeit a small one, but there's still on there. Unless the girl/woman has been raped or something. Then, that is a totally different story. I would totally understand a female wanting to get an abortion for a pregnancy caused by rape. Heck, I'd probably do it too!
But, anyways, this post is not about whether abortion is right or wrong. This is about a parent's right to know about it and give consent. It is completely unnecessary. If the girl does not want to tell her parents, she shouldn't have to. And, if she decides to have an abortion, it is not the parents' concern whatsoever. It isn't the parents having the baby, is it? It's none of their business. Also, it's the girl's body. She should be able to choose what she wants to do with it. So, the parents should butt out and let her decide.
Abortion is not an easy thing to go through. And parents being there to badger the girl about whether it is right or wrong isn't going to help the situation. I know that parents mean well and just want the best for their child. But sometimes, they've got to learn to give their child some space. She can't possibly have the baby if she's in High School. That would really blow. Seriously. If I'm in High School, I don't have time for a baby. I have schoolwork and a relationship and a job to juggle. A baby added to the mix will screw everything up. Not that I don't like babies or anything, but it's not rocket science to know that they are very expensive and a handful. Don't get me wrong, I love babies. No joke. I literally can't wait until I'm older to get married and have one. But, now, I know that I don't have the time. Also, I'm not mature enough for a baby. I want to go out, to party... to live a destructive wild young adult life for a few years(which will probably not be destructive at all.) and then have a baby. 
So, abortion should not need parental consent. What do you think?
-Jodie-Ann
PS: OMG. I love babies. >:O
PPS:

ZOMG SO CUTE! XD Howdy, cowboy! :D
PPPS: Oooh I'm so odd.

8 run-on sentences.:

angela said...

One of the main reasons that abortion is confidential, and that the doctors don't tell the parents is for the safety of the girl, a lot of parents are abusive or very strict, in some cultures the girl would be disowned and kicked out. So the teen clinics keep it all a secret with just the girl and whoever she wants to know about it. Like the "father".

I agree, parents shouldn't have to know.

Ashley said...

I got excited for a moment and thought that baby pic was a pic of chris brown when I saw the hat.. not sure why.
I agree, parents shouldnt have to know unless the daughter wants them to. Nor should anyone else, there are a lot of people that would make the girl suffer for her "immoral" decision, no matter what her reasons.

小李 said...

You totally got influenced, by what we talked about in History class! Is that true? :D Or were you thinking about this before? I don't understand why people are against it, when it's the women's choice to do so or not. It's annoying.

Jodie-Ann said...

@angela: Hmm... I didn't think about that. Thanks, lol. xD
@Ashley: Haha! I wish! I love Chris Brown :D Yeah, parents shouldn't have to know.
@Leslie: Haha, yeah. I really did get influenced by History class. XD And yeah, it is the woman's choice, but remember about homosexuals? We've come a long way with them and now they're fairly accepted as normal people. So, maybe soon, people will think of abortions as normal as well. Our society is just not used to it yet, lol.

Hanis. said...

I want a baby too! I love them, until I babysit my lil cousins, they're lil evils more like it =.= I'll make sure mine would be better behaved.

But going back to your article, nope, parents don't need to know. Especially ones like mine, if I even get pregnant, if I don't get disown, I'll be locked up. Or something. I'm only half joking.

Jodie-Ann said...

Wow. My parents would do the same. Mine are really strict. Lol P:

Miss Bobo said...

(I like how you are expressive on your opinions!. However, I think it should be optional because the things is, abortion isn't something that is really easy. It has to deal with killing an organism (baby) inside your body, so there are risks coming along with doing abortions. I am sure the doctors performing such operations tell their patients about it. However, at the same time if you are a teenager it is, in my opinion, correct to tell the parents because the health of the teenager is also the parents responsibility legally. So I think that people should be honest to their parents.

Jodie-Ann said...

Hmm... probably we should, but the rebellious teenager in me would never tell my parents. I would much rather do everything by myself. If something were to happen to me, THEN I would tell them. :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...