DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This is so Depressing.

I can't do anything right. Every single thing I try, I screw up. This is so depressing. You may be wondering at this moment: Why is the usual happy, flamboyant Jodie-Ann being all depressed? Well, maybe because I am depressed. Okay, I'll explain what happened.
My stepmom asked me to cook rice. So, I put some in a pot on the stove. I did what I was supposed to(put water slightly above the rice, put salt) and left it to cook. She also told me to put on chicken so I did that as well. I kept stirring the rice and whatever and the chicken and then left them.
My stepmom came down to serve out the food and called me down two minutes later. She said, "Didn't I tell you to put salt in the rice?"
I replied, "Yes. I did put salt."
"No, you didn't."
"I did," I repeated. She looked at me and said, "Taste the rice. It's saltless."
I waited a bit and then tasted it. It tasted fine to me and I told her so. She flipped and exclaimed, "You ever seen me make rice like this?!"
I didn't respond.
She said, "And the gravy in the chicken is all dried out. You left it too long!"
I didn't respond.
She gave me my plate of food and  sat at the table and ate quickly. All the while, she's walking around, making me nervous.
Ahh... isn't my life wonderful?
-Jodie-Ann

4 run-on sentences.:

Ashley said...

Don't let it get you down girly. If I had a dime for every little mistake I've made over my cooking attempts and got ranted at for, I'd be a millionaire. But a few mistakes don't define you. If you never made mistakes you'd never learn. You're a lovely girl, and don't let anything make you think otherwise :)

SAM said...

I second Ashley. It's ok to make mistakes. Just look for the good (lessons) from every bad situation. Then move on with the thought that "you'll do better and show 'em".

Oliver said...

I've felt this way before. It's like I never did anything right. That "NEVER" is the most frustrating part of it.

I cook rice. I don't stir it. I don't put salt on it. It cooks just fine by itself in the rice cooker.

JodieeHeartzYou said...

Thanks, guys. You all really cheered me up. (;

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...