DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Technology Taking Over? I Think Yes.

Cell phones, televisions, computers, iPods, mp3s, etc.... all of these things are slowly taking over the world. How? Because they're fascinating and addictive. Especially to teens. Teens seem to be falling under the spell of technology. Not really adults because a rather large percentage of them can't even turn a computer on and off. o_O So, it's mostly teens.
The cell phone has become a huge thing. Maybe even bigger than computers. Everywhere you go, someone is on a cell phone. Everywhere! Even if you go to a church. You might see a kid sneakily texting away or an adult standing outside talking. It's absolutely crazy! If someone leaves home without their cell phone by accident, what are the odds that they're going to leave it at home? Very low, I tell you! I get furious when I leave my cell phone at home. I worry about it all day. I'm worrying about whether I deleted my texts because I'm petrified that my super nosy step-sister will read them. I worry that someone might call my phone when I'm not there. What if it's a guy? What will my parents do to me then?! As you can see, I would not survive without my phone. Which I find totally ridiculous seeing as before the cellies were create, we had to use the house phone. Or, you didn't call someone at all. My uncle told me that when he was little, he had to stand up on a rock and call the people he wanted because he didn't have a cell. That was probably in the seventies. So, why can we not survive without the silly contraption? Because we have come to rely on it. We completely rely on the cellphone. As we do with televisions and iPods, etc.
What would you do without your iPod? Have absolutely no music to listen to. But what about getting a piano or something and making your own music? What if you had no computer? You'd be absolutely bored all day(like me). But,what about playing a little Clue or Connect Four? Have fun with the family.
I admit that I am a huge techno-fan, but I don't let it control me.
-Jodie-Ann

5 run-on sentences.:

angela said...

Was I bored? No, I wasn't fuckin' bored. I'm never bored. That's the trouble with everybody - you're all so bored. You've had nature explained to you and you're bored with it, you've had the living body explained to you and you're bored with it, you've had the universe explained to you and you're bored with it, so now you want cheap thrills and, like, plenty of them, and it doesn't matter how tawdry or vacuous they are as long as it's new as long as it's new as long as it flashes and fuckin' bleeps in forty fuckin' different colors. So whatever else you can say about me, I'm not fuckin' bored. - johnny, "naked" movie, 1993

I love this quote x]
and that picture is totally me. HAHAH.

Oliver said...

I'm an internet addict. I don't know how I started to become so dependent on it, but I just knew I did. I do everything here: read, write, watch, play, listen... everything!

We have come to rely on technology too much because we now "can" do everything having got it. Imagine if we were all like your uncle in the 70s up to now, then the things we can do are so limited like who calls who but when how what. Do you understand what I'm saying? LOL. I'm so confused with what I'm saying. Well, it's just crazy, I can't even imagine! I mean, I don't want to!

JodieeHeartzYou said...

@Angela: Haha I love tha quote too!
@Oliver: Ha! If technology hadn't changed over the decades, I don't know how I'd be alive.

Miss Bobo said...

lol.nice quotes. Actually the cell was invented for the 70's and it was only popular among the super rich since it was a new idea afterall. I know this because of my mass communications class it told details on technology super helpful. Anyways basically yes technology is a weapon and a toy but hey its all moderation and if people actually hated technology they wouldnt be reading this blog ;) or blogging. ha-HA

JodieeHeartzYou said...

Lol! Wow! i didn't know cellies were made in the 70s. OMG! That's so cool. Wow... I'm going to be thinking about that for like the rest of the week. o_O

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...