DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Teens And Love: Possible?


I was watching Steve Wilkos this morning, and I saw his daily question thingy-majiggy. The question was: Can teenagers love? He's basically asking whether teens know what love is or how to love someone.
Of COURSE teens can love! What kind of question is that?! I know some people say that teens don't know what love is, therefore, we don't love anyone. BS. Because if a child can love a parent, why can't a teen love their lover? A teen is clearly older than a child! Obviously we're capable of loving people. (What are we? Cold-hearted robots? I think not, Stevie Wonder.) Anyway, I think we CAN love.
However, some teens do NOT know what love is. Some confuse it with sex. It's mostly the females that think that. They say: "Oh, he loves me because we made LOVE last night." Pffft. Sure, whatever. Making love is not love. It's the action of two bodies melding together in a very awkward way yet somehow pleasurable(I wouldn't know). I just read very often so I know and.... whatever anyway. Off topic. When I start talking about books, beware because I don't stop. Anyways... that's what I think. What about you guys?
-Jodie-Ann

10 run-on sentences.:

Juan Bernal said...

I'm actually in love right now and I am 18. I hate it when people say that teens dont even know what love is simply because the person saying it thinks they are "more mature" than teens. I do think teens can love without a doubt.

JodieeHeartzYou said...

Thank you ver much, Juan. My thought exactly.

angela said...

I think when adults say "teenagers" they mean like, 12-16. I also slightly agree and disagree, I think at that age, we have the idea of love, we're just too young to know what we want out of it. As we get older, we start figuring out what we want, it just takes trial and effort (relationships) to find who else wants the same sort of thing with us and only us.
I've loved before, a few times. I think you can love more than once in your life, but true love, the kind where you want to spend the rest of your life together, only happens once (duh lol).
But I can see where adults are coming from, they don't think teens can love because we are honestly too young to fully understand the effort and consequenes that come along with it. You can't just go into a relationship and think you're going to be happy as long as you're with them and nothing will go wrong. You have to go into one knowing it's not going to always be fun and games, and things get serious as you get older and are together longer.
I know a few couples who've been together for at least 4 years, and they're only 16-17!! So I think some teens get the hang of it and are mature enough to know it's not going to be easy.

I think some of the younger teens get the idea that love = sex because hey, once you love someone, you start talking about that. And you see it on the TV all the time, in magazines, hook ups, all that, so it's not really their fault, they're growing up in the generation where sex is popular and exploited everywhere.

It really depends on the people, too.

PS - I'm totally digging the purple :D

angela said...

Oh oh! I always forget about this, I think younger kids confuse love with infatuation. I know I have a few times, now that I look back on it.

JodieeHeartzYou said...

I agree with you as well. xD I suppose that SOME teens don't know what love is. But there are some teens who are more mature than others. Either from life experiences or just because they've matured.
LOL!! I like the purple too. I wanted to do another one, but it's really weird. It's like... not even with the layout of my blog. It's odd. Plus, whenever anyone goes on my blog, you see a bird one at first. O.o I need to get that thing off.

JodieeHeartzYou said...

Lolz, teens really confuse love with infatuation? O.O

angela said...

It's the feeling of love, I don't see why not lol All of these couples say they're in love only a few months into the relationship.

JodieeHeartzYou said...

Hmmmmm... true. But, anything is possible. People can really fall in love in only a few months.

Miss Bobo said...

you know in a sense Steve is on something but went off track at the end. In reality when people are teens they are still kids in the sense that they are still discovering life and making their own structure of what is and what is wrong. But it is rather ignorant to say that teens can't love because in reality it all just depends in the environment and the people they were raised with for them to know what "love" is. Love in a certain sense is an ideology that only we can make for ourselves. It's hard to also decipher the difference with infatuation and "true love." In the end we make it for ourselves so Steve is wrong because he is just stating an opinion not a proven fact

JodieeHeartzYou said...

You're right, Miss Bobo. Lolz. I totally agree with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...