DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Stereotypes: We shouldn't use them but we all do anyway.

Stereotypes are all over. Why? Just because us, humans, always have to link something to something else to sort of... understand it better. Like the stereotype for Canadians. Apparently we say "eh" very often. I've never said "eh" in my life! And I'm a Canadian. Plus, I've never even heard someone say "eh". Just one of my guy BFFs who says "eh" when he didn't hear what you said. He says it instead of "what?" or "what did you say", etc.
Another stereotype is that Asian people mostly do nails. Hmm... I'm not sure if that's true. I hate to admit it, but I've seen soo many Asians doing nails. I dunno... it's weird. Another one about Asian people is that they're all Chinese. Like, when someone looks at them it's like "Oh, a Chinese person." How do people know that?! The person could be Japanese, Vietnamese, etc. Not just Chinese.
Another stereotype is that Asian people and Brown people are both really smart. Sure, some of both natialities are smart, but they aren't the smartest ones around. There are lots of smart Caucasian people and lots of smart African American people. Am I wrong?
Another one(and this one I hate the most) is that Jewish people are cheap. So, people throw pennies at them sometimes. I hate hearing and especially seeing that. It's horrible. Absolutely horrible. The people who do that are total morons, and THEY deserve to have pennies thrown at them. See how those beep!ers feel.
-Jodie
Do you guys have anymore stereotypes? Lemme know. :)

Quote of the day is:

"All stereotypes turn out to be true. This is a horrifying thing about life. All those things you fought against as a youth: you begin to realize they're stereotypes because they're true."

-David Cronenberg

11 run-on sentences.:

angela said...

My aunt is jewish. And she knows and invades every thrift shop in southern california. xD

JodieeHeartzYou said...

LOL!

16GoingOn60 said...

One I always find annoying is that British people spend all thier time hunting and drinking tea, seem to all know someone in the royal family and talk like complete twats ("pip pip", "Cheerio"). So not true, well, the bit about tea mostly is actually....:P

but chinese people are seriously smart, all the ones I know are anyway.
x

angela said...

*asian, not just chinese. And that's most asians, and there is reasoning behind that stereotype. I mean not really to those who do it, but anyway. Most asian kids now at least try to do well in school because their parents are very strict, or if they came from a different country to the US, the way they teach in most parts of any asian country is pretty strict. My ex came from vietnam and when he was there they'd hit you if you wrote a letter wrong (and have you SEEN the vietnamese alphabet?!) and here they give you so much slack. But thats what their parents grew up with, so they teach it to their children, or try to.

So yeah. There's always reasoning behind stereotypes. We've just changed over the years so a lot of it isnt true, for examply my (asian) ex had a wonderful GPA of 1.2 last year. Passed with like a 2.0 or something.

Willy Foo Foo said...

Im a new follower! I LOVE your blog, all the popular blogs out there are 40 year old mothers :P Bluehh!
Anyway, stereotypes with african americans 1.In love with Kool-Aid
2.In love with fried chicken
*chuckles* kinda true :) but here's this link it shows everyday people stereotyping and its really funny! http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=16326&title=mystery-road-sign

Btw, check out my blog! I write about how to deal with the drama as a teenager http://dramalikeomg.blogspot.com !!! I hope you like it!

Alee said...

I try not to live up to any of the black stereyotypes we see on TV. It's pretty annoying... We're not all loud or ghetto and have 5 kids. lol

JodieeHeartzYou said...

To Angela: that's really interesting actually. o.O I don't know much about the gpas and whatnot. Lol.
To Willy: Ty for following! I'll be sure to see yours. BTW, my blog is soo not popular. I only have 26 followers. I don't call that popular. XD And I do NOT love friend chicken.*takes a bite of a fried chickn leg* Seriously. And ugh, Kool Aid is disgusting. BTW, Who doesn't like fried chicken? Except for vegetarians or people on diets? And even people on diets love fried chicken because that's probably how they gained the weight.
To Alee: IKR! I actually live in a very rich and posh neighborhood. (You see BMWs and SUVs and Range Rovers VERY often) And everyone's lawn (including mine) is very nicely trimmed and there are lots of flowers and etc. So the black stereotypes: So not true.
-Jodie

angela said...

xD just think of it as

4.0 or higher = straight A's
1.0 = you fail at life.

JodieeHeartzYou said...

LMAO. I live in Canada so we don't use the letters. We use numbers. 60% is a pass. xD

angela said...

Oh well yeah we use that too. But we use the numbers for a GPA, grade point average. Makes transcripts and that easier because all teachers grade differently. At least they do here...

JodieeHeartzYou said...

...You lost me when you said "Makes transcripts..." LOL. No, I'm not an idiot. I get on honour roll all the time. (I'm serious. I'm surprised with myself)
Lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...