DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Friday, July 30, 2010

The Twilight Saga: Loved Yet So Very Hated. {Team Edward all the way!}



I know that you ALL have heard of Twilight. How could you not? What with the Robstin Drama and Taylor Lautner lovers... It's almost impossible not to know about the series. The saga is very loved and hated.
Lots of people love Twilight. Maybe they love it because of the dark, sexy romance. Or maybe it's because of the extremely good looking actors. (How many of you ladies couldn't stop gawking at Taylor on screen?) Or maybe it's just because it's a good story. It's actually a genius plot. I mean, who would think of a forbidden romance between a human and a vampire? Also, a very creative cover for Twilight. The reason a person is holding an apple is because the apple is the forbidden fruit in Adam and Eve(a Christian story) and Twilight is about a forbidden love. Yeah, I thought it was cool too. Lol. Anyways, that's some of the reasons people like the saga.
Reasons people hate it is first of all: the romance in the MOVIES, not the books, is sooooo cheesy! Way too sappy. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like romance, it's my fave genre. But I would never want to see people doing the "I love you, no I love you, no i love YOU!..." routine. Bella and Edward don't actually do that, but it's close enough and I can't take that kissy kiss poop. It's just not realistic. Another reason is that it's just ridiculous! I cannot BELIEVE the amount of people who are fans. Even women in their forties and up! Sure, it's great to see something other than the bunch of of twelve year old girls screaming and breaking your eardrums. So the older women are sometimes a relief. But still completely ridiculous.
There are other good things and bad, and if you feel like complaining about it, comment. I don't mind reading your complaints. :)
PS: My quote of the day is:

"I’ll never forgive myself for leaving you. Not if I live a hundred thousand years."

Edward Cullen, Eclipse, Chapter 1, p.33

Absolutely love that quote. I, personally am a huge fan of the saga, I have been since it first came out in 07. Team Edward all the way!
-Jodie

15 run-on sentences.:

angela said...

I think you're putting a little TOO much credit into Twilight. The romance isn't dark or that sexy, it's more of "star crossed lovers". But that's just my oppinion because I've read much darker Vampire stories. And there are TONS of plots where there's a forbidden romance between vampires and humans. Way before Twilight came out.
I really like the covers though, that's what drew me to look at the books in the first place lol!
I do agree though, I think the movies made the plot really sappy. And the sparkling...
It's really disturbing how so many OLD women are obsessed with this!! Like.. Jeebus.
Though I do like some of the cheesy stuff Edward and Jacob say to Bella. Though I've been told a lot of it before, and guys have gone back on their word, so it doesn't mean much to me anymore to read that kind of thing :/

IF you want to read some more advanced supernatural/vampire stories, I suggest the "cassandra palmer series" from Karen Chance. It's got other supernatural things than vampires in it, but vampries are one of the main things. It's got darker stuff in there, and it's got some great humor. Another would be the Hollows Series from Kim Harrison.
If/when you read them, you'll understand my disagreements with what you said about Twilight :]

JodieeHeartzYou said...

Okay, I'll check out those books. Thanks for commenting. I love debates. LOL.
1. It IS dark (vamps and werewolves. that's dark to me)
2. It IS sexy, but not VERY sexy. So, it could be sexier. Alot sexier.
And I've also read darker vamp books. There's Vampire Academy(a series), it's pretty sexy. One of the vamps, Dimitri, is just sooo sexy. He just has that character of like... sexyness. And then Rose (main character) and Dimitri really hit it off. And... yeah... it gets pretty steamy. Even better: it's forbidden because he's her teacher. Which makes it kinda sexier (to me), because it's illegal. I dunno... Ilove forbidden love stories.
And yeah, the old women need to cool it. After all, Edward's mine so it doesn't really matter. LOL.
-Jodieeee. <3

angela said...

Lol, you read a lot of the young adult vampire stories. I've seen a lot of those books and read the summaries and browsed through them, and since I've ventured out quite far into more "adult" stories, those just don't hold as sexy to me anymore. Maybe cute and steamy, but not really "sexy".

And I've always been a Jacob fan, not because he's hot or whatever, but in reading the books (i only saw twilight and forbid myself to watch the other horrors of that movie..) Jacob seemed to let Bella out more, and had more adventure and let her be her. Edward seemed too constricting sometimes.

JodieeHeartzYou said...

Mhmm. I read all the young adult books. But, I personally like adult books better for these reasons:
1. More swearing. (Love swearing in books, I have no idea why)
2. More sexual content (who doesn't love more sexual content??)
3. In general, more mature. (Less whiny like Twilight)
If you're into the VERY sexy books, I would suggest (and I REALLY suggest. You won't regret it.)Jennifer Crusie. She's really funny and her stories are sexy. xD My gave by her os Anyone But You. Her books have nothing to do with dark romance though. More of the light, flirty, steamy kind.
-Jodie

angela said...

I like the swearing because a lot of the young adult books seem to be afraid to venture out so far, afraid to insult someone. The swearing makes it seem more serious and older.

number two : i completely agree. lmao

JodieeHeartzYou said...

LOL!! XD I agree about the swearing thingy. It does make a book look more mature. I think that young adult authors should look outside the box, venture out of their horizons and SWEAR! !@$%!@@#$$% !!
-Jodie

angela said...

I wouldn't say "mature", just "older". And I always find myself slightly surprised when I'm reading a YA story and someone even says "bitch" in it lmao

JodieeHeartzYou said...

Lolz. My reaction to "b****" (don't want to say it in case a family member comes onto my blog) in a book:
*stare at swearword* "OHMYGOSH! FINALLY! THIS BOOK IS GETTING INTERESTING!!"

angela said...

HAHA I know right? I like gain so much more respect for the book for saying ONE cuss word in the 200pages I've read so far.

JodieeHeartzYou said...

LOL!

Hannah said...

TEAM EDWARD<3 i have a massive poster of edward in eclipse on my wall, best thing in my room. ;D
great blog!

JodieeHeartzYou said...

LOLZ! And thanks! :D You too
-Jodie

Emily said...

Bah... Twilight is not good. Stephanie Meyer is a poor writer. And I understand why she'd choose "diamond skin" to make sense the "bursting into flames" thing. But they're still SPARKLING. Like a too-large piece of jewelry. Ooooh.... scary... *eyeroll* And the romance isn't dark or sexy. It's just.... angsty. And the story line.... not so ingenius. Heard of True Blood? Moonlight? Those are forbidden romances between human girls and vampire males. Plus, Romeo and Juliet is probably the most epic "forbidden romance." No vampires, yeah. But a heck of a lot more forbidden than a glittery vamp-boy pretending to be human stalking a highly confidence-lacking teenage girl....

Sorry... There's no appeal to the Saga. I've read the books (sadly). :/

JodieeHeartzYou said...

Lolz, Emily. I see what you mean, but I still am a fan of Twilight and I always will be. It's just the stupid hype it's got now. The movies ruined the story of Twilight. I used to be just a very nice, romantic novel to relax and read, while also geting some action. Now, the movies messed it up. So many people hate Twilight and in my opinion, the movies are to blame. I miss the old Twilight. I liked it better when Stephanie Meyer was not known, and her saga was just plain. I hate how popular it's gotten. The popularity ruined the image of what the novel actually is. It's really sad actually.
-Jodie

JodieeHeartzYou said...

It used to be**

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...