DON'T BE SILLY AND ASSUME THAT ALL THE PICTURES HERE ARE MINE. THEY ARE NOT UNLESS I SAY SO. IF IT IS YOURS AND YOU WANT IT OFF, EMAIL ME AT RUN.ON.SENTENCES.OF.LIFE@HOTMAIL.COM
Or, you can just let me keep them here because you love me. :)
WARNING: I rant here. If some of it is offensive to you, PLEASE simply unfollow me. Thank you.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

{A Rant} Sex Addicts: Faking or Truth?

Hey, Blogspot. Today I'm going to exercise my ranting muscle. Have you ever seen or heard in the news about some famous star who's in rehab because of a drug addiction problem? I have, and I've always thought it was incredibly stupid and BOGUS. However, now I'm beginning to change my position on this topic. I'm starting to believe it. I'm not sure if I've been brainwashed by the media, but I believe what they say. Sex Addiction exists. It's basically when you have sex(whatever kind of sex) and you have it constantly, because you simply. Cannot. Stop. So, now that I have... I suppose it's... changed, or grown; I start believing the disorder of sex addiction.
After all, sex is seen as a very pleasurable experience. So, what if you couldn't stop? Just like how drug addicts cannot stop taking drugs, why can't sex addicts stop having sex?
What do you think?
PS: My quote of the day is:

Treat your mind like a bad neighborhood - don't go there alone.

Author: Anonymous

-Jodie

16 run-on sentences.:

The Ginge said...

I agree with the idea that it can actually be an addiction, like you've said. Sex is pleasurable..the obvious reason humans do it. Pun intended... :D
Your blog is cool, I like it. Keep it up! :)
P.S- Canadians ROCK! :D
P.P.S- Your birthday is a day before mine, but a year after!

JodieeHeartzYou said...

LOL! Cool!!! :D And thanks for reading! I shall check out your blog. :)
-Jodiee

angela said...

Yeah I'm kindo of iffy on the sex addiction, too. I just finished "Loose Girl" from Kerry Cohen, it's a memoir from her own experiences with her addiction to male attention, and of course, sex. If you want to read anymore into it, you should read it. I can't really tell where I stand on that though, Kerry was the "other girl" in a lot of relationships and purposly tried to break them up, and being cheated on in my past, I frown on that entirely.

But the drug addcition, you said it was stupid and bogus. But it's highly real, drugs are addicting if used incorrectly and are very hard to stop taking. I've had a lot of second hand experience with this, and it's very real.

JodieeHeartzYou said...

No, I didn't say that DRUGS are stupid and bogus. I said that sex addiction is. Well, I used to think it was, until I started reading a book where this woman is addicted to drugs, and it provoked some thought. I thought that if you can be addicted to drugs, then why not sex?
-Jodie

angela said...

You can be addicted to anything. There's people who are addicted to the internet!

Hmm well it seems like you said that, in the first couple sentences up there.

JodieeHeartzYou said...

Yeah, LOL! BTW... why are we having like 3 diff convos? LMAO.

angela said...

I like to think it's because we're awesome.

JodieeHeartzYou said...

Mhmm. Dang straight.*snaps fingers in a sassy way*

angela said...

xD I'm gonna have to use that one day..

JodieeHeartzYou said...

LMAO. XD We're the cool kids. Chillin' like those hamsters on Hamsterdam Ave choosing vehicles to ride in. O.o
...what in the world was I just rambling about?

angela said...

I'm not sure, but now I really want to go there and I think you just got a whole lot cooler.

JodieeHeartzYou said...

LOL! ty! You're pretty cool too. xD I am sooo linking your blog. It's amazing the poems you write. I write novels. I'm going to be an author in a few years so BAM! Look out. Jodie-ann's just written a smash hit. Oh and btw... make sure to copyright your poems. I don't want any of them to get stolen. They're way too good. Because you just have yours out on the internet, maybe people can easily steal them. Your poems are amazing so... COPYRIGHT! I would never steal 'em, I have my own stories, and plus, stealing is wrong. And I know if someone stole my stories, I'd kick their butts. Seriously. I'd hunt them DOWN.
:)

angela said...

Lmao I'm not really sure how to copyright.. oO wanna help me out, yo? XD

JodieeHeartzYou said...

LOL! I don't have my author book with me right now... but go to a book store and go to the writing section. Look for an Author's Market book. The one I have is Children's Author's and Illistrators Market. I saw one on poetry last time. That book tells you everything you need to know. Even about getting a publisher, editing, scheduling how to write, characters, etc. Really good. I totally recommend it. It helped me out alot.

angela said...

Hmm, well I just googled it and it says that that US as automatic copyright laws as soon as it's published. And I read somewhere else to just put the Copyright © with the date on your page and that should do it. I guess that's one good thing about being in the US ahaha

JodieeHeartzYou said...

Yeah, you could always pretend to have your stuff copyrighted. That's what I was going to tell you last night. You can just put the copyright thing and people will think it's copyrighted and will be afraid to bother you. And if the US does it, it's very likely that Canada will do it as well, seeing as we're neighbors. So, I would guess that Canada has the copyright laws too.
-Jodie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...